In this part, we will look at a number of ahadith signaling the end of prophethood and the perfection and completion of religion, scholarly references and Quranic evidences.
It is narrated from the Prophet (pbuh) that:
“I have been honored over the Prophets with six (things): I have been given jawami’ al-kalaam, I have been aided by (the ability to cause in the enemy) fright, the spoils of war have been made lawful for me, the Earth has been made as a Masjid and purifier for me, and I have been sent to all creatures, and with me Prophethood is sealed.” — Jami` at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 3, Book 19, Hadith 1553
The Prophet (pbuh) of Allah also said:
“My position in relation to the prophets who came before me can be understood by this parable: A person erected a great building decorated and adorned this edifice with great beauty, but he left a niche, an empty space, for just one brick. People looked around the building and marveled at its beauty, but said: why a brick was missing from that niche? I am like unto that one missing brick and I am last in the line of the Prophets.” — Kitab-ul-Manaqib, al-Bukhari
Regarding the finality of the ummah, he said:
“There is no prophet after me, and there is, no Ummah after my Ummah.” — al-Baihaqi: Kitab-ar-Ru’ya and Tabrani
An important historical point: In the terminal days of the blessed Apostle of Allah, one Musaylimah had claimed that he was a prophet. The Apostle of Allah termed him an arch-liar (al-Kadhdhāb) and ordered a war against him and collected an army. But in these days the Prophet breathed his last. When Abu Bakr became the first Caliph, he declared war against Musaylimah al-Kadhdhāb, the false claimant of prophet, their women and children were made slaves and every able follower of the false claimant was killed.
Thus, evidently, it was not the crime of rebellion for which the companions fought them but the crime was that a person had claimed to be a prophet after the Holy Prophet ʿalayhi as-salām. This action was taken immediately after the demise of the Holy Prophet under the leadership of the first Caliph Abu Bakr. There was complete and total consensus of the companions of the Prophet that the only punishment is death for the claimant of prophethood.
6. Scholarly opinions regarding Takmil-e-Deen
Now let me quote the opinions from the works of the learned scholars:
1. A man in the time of Imam Abu Hanifa (80-150 AH) claimed to be a prophet, and said, “Allow me to present proof of my prophethood.” The Imam ruled: “Anyone who demands a proof of prophethood from him, will also turn to disbeliever, for me Messenger of Allah has said: “There is no prophet after me.” Reference: Munaqib al-Imam –A’zam Abi Hanifa. Ibne Ahmad al-Makki vol 1 page 161. Hyderabad Deccan AH 1321
2. “Imam Ghazali (450-505 AH) says: “There is complete consensus of Muslim Ummah that there is no prophet after the Holy Prophet Muhammad. The whole Ummah is unanimous that the Holy Prophet by his words La nabbiya ba’di meant nothing but that: after him there will neither be a prophet nor an Apostle. Anyone who interpret this saying in any other way, falls outside the pale of Islam; his interpretation would be nonsensical and his writings heretical. Besides. the Ummah is unanimous that there is no scope whatever for any other interpretation than this; one who denies it, denies the consensus of the Ummah,” reference: Al-Iqtisad fil I’tqad. Egypt page 114.
3. Qadi Iyad (d.544 AH) writes: “He who lays a claim to prophethood for himself or holds that one can acquire it and can attain the rank of prophethood through the purification of the heart, as some philosophers and so called Sufis assert, and likewise one who does not claim to be a prophet but claims that be receives revelations; all such people are disbelievers and deniers of the Holy Prophet, for he has informed us that he is last of the prophets and that no prophet is to come after him. And he has conveyed this news from Allah that he has closed the prophethood and that he has been sent to all mankind, and the whole Ummah is unanimous that these words no other but apparent meaning, Therefore, there can be absolutely no doubt about such peoples’ being Kafir both according to the consensus and the Traditions.” Reference: Shifa volume II page 270-271.
4. Allama Alusi (death 1270 AH) writes in his commentary Ruh al-Mani: “… The Holy Prophet being Khatam al-Nabiyyin by itself requires that he should also be Khatam al-Mursalin and his being the last of the Prophets and Apostles implies that his being blessed by Allah with the Prophethood for any jinn or human being has been abolished.” Reference Ruh al-Mani volume XXII page 32. “Whoever after him claims to be a recipient of revelation of the prophethood, will be declared Kafir and there is no difference of opinions amongst Muslims in this regard.” Reference Ruh al-Mani volume XXII page 38.
The above citations are from Ahadis and eminent learned scholars of the past with intention that there can be none of my bias or prejudice in elucidating the dictates, decrees and injunctions of the basic concept and tenet of faith the Khatm-e-Nabuwwat.
Many a times we hear that there are or will be seventy two sects in Islam. Out of which only one is correct. Any sect that deviates from this basic tenet of faith and conception of Kham-e-Nabuwwat is not a true sect of Islam. Therefore the only correct and true one is that which is in total consonance and identity with this tenet of faith.
7. Is there any need of new Prophet?
Let us consider and ponder on this point of a new prophet. Prophethood is not a quality which anyone can develop himself by worship and righteous acts. Accept Allah no one can designate prophet or prophethood; therefore, no one can designate this office to anyone. Prophethood is not a property nor a commodity that can be dynastically bestowed nor there can be devolution nor inheritance.
Now let us see in what circumstances we need a new prophet and whether these circumstances do exist:
- A particular nation stood in need of prophet because no prophet came to it before, nor had the message of a prophet sent to other nation reached it.
- The appointment of a prophet became necessary because the teaching of the former prophet had been forgotten, or tampered with, and it was no longer possible to know and follow his message in practical life.
- The people might have not received the complete message and guidance through the former prophet and more prophets were needed to supplement this teaching.
- A prophet might have needed another prophet to help and support him in carrying out his mission.
Obviously non of the above scenarios exist. The Quran tells us that the Prophet (pbuh) has been raised for the guidance of the entire mankind. Therefore, there remains no need for separate prophets to be sent to separate nations. We have Quran in its pristine purity as the Code of Hidayat for the humanity and the Sunnah of the blessed prophet practiced during his long tenure of twenty three years in the most adverse circumstances is the code of Procedure and prepared the final Ummah.
8. Quranic Testimony of Takmil-e-Deen
مَّا كَانَ مُحَمَّدٌ أَبَا أَحَدٍ مِّن رِّجَالِكُمْ وَلَٰكِن رَّسُولَ اللَّهِ وَخَاتَمَ النَّبِيِّينَ ۗ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عَلِيمًا
Muhammad is not the father of [any] one of your men, but [he is] the Messenger of Allah and last of the prophets. And ever is Allah , of all things, Knowing. (Holy Quran 33:40)
These points in the above verse need some elucidation:
First, that Muhammad is not the father of [any] one of your men, but [he is] the Messenger of Allah
Second, that [he is] the Messenger of Allah and last of the prophets.
8.1 Muhammad is not the father of any of your men
If we look at the history we find that there were emperors and their empires, kings and their kingdoms many of whom claimed divine rights to rule. Heredity and dynasties were established by direct blood relations. The son, after the death of any king or emperor claimed all the rights to the kingdoms and all the properties including even divine right to rule. And there were no constraints of any kind and many of them ruled as tyrants and despots.
In Islam, no one can claim divinity or the manifestation of divinity or any divine right to rule even if it happens to be a son or very near relative of the prophets. The door of inheritance of Islam is closed for ever. Islam is not a commodity or any tangible or non-tangible property that can be inherited by any one. Only Allah has total sovereignty over Deen-e-Islam and over all the creation of the universe and that cannot be hijacked by anyone however highly he is placed neither in authority nor even by any sort of blood relation or spiritual descent/inheritance. Islam is the guidance (hidaya) to all the mankind and forever.
Allah the Almighty is the knower of the past, present and future. Therefore Allah has guided that a believer (mu’min) should not fall in the trap of this sort of misguidance. Though Allah bestowed two sons to the Holy Prophet but both of them died as infants so that no heredity can be claimed. Amongst Jews the inheritance is through the female / daughter.
In Quran the Furqan we find two examples where at it is clearly indicated that no special or divine rights are available even to the sons of the prophets:
a. Son of Prophet Noah (Nuh); and
b. Progeny of Prophet Abraham (Ibrahim).
a. Son of Prophet Noah (Nuh): Let us contemplate and envisage on the verses of the Quran in Surah Hūd verses 42-43 and 45-47.
42. And it sailed with them through waves like mountains, and Noah called to his son who was apart [from them], “O my son, come aboard with us and be not with the disbelievers.”
43. [But] he said, “I will take refuge on a mountain to protect me from the water.” [Noah] said, “There is no protector today from the decree of Allah , except for whom He gives mercy.” And the waves came between them, and he was among the drowned.
45. And Noah called to his Lord and said, “My Lord, indeed my son is of my family; and indeed, Your promise is true; and You are the most just of judges!”
46. He said, “O Noah, indeed he is not of your family; indeed, he is [one whose] work was other than righteous, so ask Me not for that about which you have no knowledge. Indeed, I advise you, lest you be among the ignorant.”
47. [Noah] said, “My Lord, I seek refuge in You from asking that of which I have no knowledge. And unless You forgive me and have mercy upon me, I will be among the losers.”
b. Progeny of Prophet Abraham (Ibrahim): As in regard of the progeny of Prophet Ibrahim let us envisage on verse 124 of Surah al-Baqarah:
124. And [mention, O Muhammad], when Abraham was tried by his Lord with commands and he fulfilled them. [ Allah ] said, “Indeed, I will make you a leader for the people.” [Abraham] said, “And of my descendants?” [ Allah ] said, “My covenant does not include the wrongdoers.”
The lesson that we can learn is:
i. It is the Mercy of Allah the Al-Mighty that He has bestowed upon the humanity a perfect code of life in the form of the Qur’an and the perfect procedure code in the form of the Sunnah of the Blessed Prophet.
ii. None of these two is a heritable commodity even if one is related to the prophet with blood relation, nor by any spiritual affinity.
iii. Islam is perfect and Allah has taken the responsibility of protection of the Qur’an the universal and eternal code of life for all the human beings.
iv. Any claimant, however highly placed he may be, he has to obey these codes of Islam. Any deviation from this, in the name of heredity, blood relationship or by the spiritual dynasty; is the deviations from Islam and he is to be considered as heretics.
In Surah al-Nisa, Allah says in verses 59-60 as follows:
59. O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you. And if you disagree over anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is the best [way] and best in result.
60. Have you not seen those who claim to have believed in what was revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you? They wish to refer legislation to Taghut, while they were commanded to reject it; and Satan wishes to lead them far astray.
This verse is the basis of the entire religious, cultural and political system of Islam and is the first and the foremost article of the constitution of the Islamic state. The following four fundamental principles have been laid down permanently forever.
1. In the Islamic system the real authority is Allah, Who must be worshiped and obeyed. For, a Muslim is first of all the servant of Allah, and any other capacity that he may have is secondary.
2. The second fundamental principle of the Islamic system is allegiance and obedience to the Holy Prophet.
3. After these two allegiance, and subservient to these, is the allegiance to those invested with authority from among the Muslims themselves. The word Ūlī Al-‘Amr comprises all the persons who might be in any way at the helm of the affairs of the Muslims. Whether they are religious scholars, political leaders, administrators, judges of the law courts or village, tribal and community chiefs, etc.
4. The commandments of Allah and the Sunnah of his Messenger are the fundamentals of law and jurisprudence of Islam and the final authority in the Islamic system. Hence if there is dispute between the Muslims or between the rulers and the ruled, they will turn to the Qur’an and the Sunnah for the decision and all must submit to it.
This means that any person, however high he may be, must submit to the commands of the Qur’an and Sunnah. No one has any inherent or evident authority against these two dictates. This is also the reason for the basic tenet of faith: Khatm-e-Nabuwat.
As per the guidance laid down in the verse 60 of Surah al-Nisa quoted above it is ordained that any other system or person providing justice is an avowed enemy the Taghut/Satan.
It is mentioned in Surah al-A’raf, Chapter 7, Verse 158:
O Muhammad! say: “O mankind I am a messenger to all of you from Allah to Whom belongs the Kingdom of the heavens and the earth. There is no deity but He. He bestows life and ordains death. So believe in Allah and His Commandments. Follow Him: it is expected you will be guided aright.
It is clear that the blessed Holy Prophet is the Messenger/guide to the entire humanity.
In Surah Fuşşilat Chapter 41, Verses 40-42, Allah (swt) mentions:
40. Indeed, those who inject deviation into Our verses are not concealed from Us. So, is he who is cast into the Fire better or he who comes secure on the Day of Resurrection? Do whatever you will; indeed, He is Seeing of what you do.
41. Indeed, those who disbelieve in the message after it has come to them… And indeed, it is a mighty Book.
42. Falsehood cannot approach it from before it or from behind it; [it is] a revelation from a [Lord who is] Wise and Praiseworthy.
Misconstruction Of the verses of the Quran falls in to the sin of tahreef. Whoever attempts to misconstrue the verses/Ayats of Qur’an has to find his place in the hell fire as per these verses 40-41. Verse 42 confirms that Allah is the protector of the Qur’an.
In Surah Al-Ĥijr, Chapter 15, Verse 9, Allah (swt) mentions:
إِنَّا نَحْنُ نَزَّلْنَا الذِّكْرَ وَإِنَّا لَهُ لَحَافِظُونَ
Indeed, it is We who sent down the Qur’an and indeed, We will be its guardian.
Qur’an is under the direct and divine protection of Allah, the Almighty and Omnipresent. It is the miracle that the Qur’an that we have in our hands is in pristine purity though more than 1400 years have elapsed. No other book can claim this status.
8.2 That [he is] the Messenger of Allah and last of the prophets
Allah (swt) mentions in several places about the finality of the Message and the Prophethood. In Surah Saba’ Chapter 34, Verse 28, Allah (swt) mentions:
And We have not sent you except comprehensively to mankind as a bringer of good tidings and a warner. But most of the people do not know.
It is clear that the Sunnah of the Blessed and final Prophet is universal and eternal.
In Surah Al-Ambiya Chapter 21, Verse 107 it is mentioned:
وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا رَحْمَةً لِّلْعَالَمِينَ
And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds.
Comment: The Blessed and Final Prophet Is universal for all the mankind and his Sunnah has the authority over the entire humanity.
In Surah Al-Ambiya Chapter 21, Verses 92-93 it is also mentioned:
Indeed this Ummah of yours is one Ummah, and I am your Lord so worship Me alone. But they have broken up and differed as regards their religion among themselves. They shall return to Us.”
Therefore, Any deviation from the concept of Khatm-e-Nabuwwat is the breaking up of Muslim Ummah. In Surah Al-Muminun Chapter 23, Verses 51-52 it is mentioned:
O Messenger, eat of pure things and do righteous deeds, for I am fully aware of what you do. And you alone belong to one and the same Ummah, and I am your Lord so fear Me.
Holy Prophet is the part of the Muslim Ummah. Here there is a complete and total denial of any divine or any super human attribute. Surah At-Taubah Chapter 9, in Verses 32-33, it is mentioned:
32. They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah refuses except to perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it.
33. It is He who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to manifest it over all religion, although they who associate others with Allah dislike it.
In Verse 32 the word noor appears twice. And for us it is very important. Therefore, we need to understand the same in the light of reference to context. For this reason I am quoting here also the preceding verse 31 and the succeeding verse 34.
31. They have made their there scholars and monks as their Lords beside Allah, and likewise the Messiah the son of Mary, although they were enjoined not to worship any other than Allah, besides whom there is none worthy of worship. He (Allah) is absolutely pure and free from what they associate with him.
32. They (the disbelievers) desire to extinguish Allah’s noor with puffs from their mouths, Allah wills to perfect His noor, even though Mushrikun be much averse to it.
33. He sent His Messenger with guidance and right way so that He cause it prevail over all other Deens, even though the Mushrikun be much averse to it.” Verse.33 (similar verses in Surah Fatah verse-28 and Surah Saf verse 9
34. O Believers indeed most of the scholars and monks of the Peoples of the Book devours the wealth of the others by evil means and debar them from the Way of Allah..”
With reference to Verse 31, let me refer here a famous tradition. When Hazrat Adi ben Hatim, who was formerly a Christian, came before the Holy Prophet to embrace Islam, he asked the Holy Prophet “this verse accused us of making our scholars and monks our God. What is its real meaning?” The Holy Prophet said, “Is not a fact that you accept as unlawful what they declare as unlawful and lawful what they declare as lawful? Adi admitted that they did. The Holy Prophet replied, “That amounts to making them God.”
From this Hadis we learn that, that those who set limits to the lawful and unlawful, without the authority of Allah’s Book, assume for themselves rank of godhead, and those who acknowledge their right to make laws make them their Gods. In retrospect I think that in my former faith in the doctrine of Imamat was equivalent to make the Imam as God.
With reference to the verse 32 and 33: In accordance to this verse real object of the mission of the Holy Prophet is to make Deen (Noor/Guidance/Hidayat) i.e. the right way, that he has brought from Allah dominate over all Deens.
Therefore we can draw the conclusion that the Noor means here Guidance/Hidayat of Allah. The Noor is not a creator but it is a created entity. The Noor is amenable to completion and perfection by Allah. If Allah is taken as Noor then question arises that Allah was imperfect and this is the misguidance and Kufr.
In reference to the verse 34 we learn that no money can be collected in the name of Allah or Islam unless it is in accordance with the guidance laid down in the Qur’an and Sunnah, otherwise it is unlawful.
9. Further Proofs from the Quran: Do we need a Living Imam or do we need the Quran?
In Surah An-Namal Chapter 27, Verses 1-3, Allah declares the following verses about the Quran:
طس ۚ تِلْكَ آيَاتُ الْقُرْآنِ وَكِتَابٍ مُّبِينٍ
Ta, Seen. These are the verses of the Qur’an and a clear Book
هُدًى وَبُشْرَىٰ لِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ
As guidance and good tidings for the believers
الَّذِينَ يُقِيمُونَ الصَّلَاةَ وَيُؤْتُونَ الزَّكَاةَ وَهُم بِالْآخِرَةِ هُمْ يُوقِنُونَ
Who establish prayer and give zakah, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith].
In the second verse, the term kitab-im-mubeen has been translated as a clear book which means that the verses of The Book which presents its teachings, and its commandments and instructions clearly and plainly. Now this is clear that the teachings of the Quran need no Guru, Imam, Peer, Murshid, Sufi Buzurg, or anyone who claims to be a spiritual or divine guide.
In Surah Az-Zumar Chapter 39, Verse 41 it is mentioned:
(O Prophet) We have sent down to you for all mankind with this Book with the Truth. Now whosoever adopts the right way, will do for his own sake, and whosoever goes astray, will himself bear the burden of his deviation; you are not responsible for them.
This is a clear indication that this Quran is the final book of the final guidance and the proof of the Khatm-e-Nabuwat.
In Surah Suad, Chapter 38, verses 86-87 it is mentioned:
(O Prophet) say to them ‘I do not ask any recompense of you for this Message, nor I am an Imposter. This is only an admonition for all the people of the world.
In the text the word Zikra is translated as admonition and it stands for Quran. This is the eternal Guidance for ever and for all mankind. This is clear indication that this Quran is the final book of the guidance and the proof of the Khatm-e-Nabuwat.
Surah As-Saff, Chapter 61, Verses 6-9 it is mentioned:
And remember what Jesus, son of Mary, had said: “O children of Israel, I am indeed a Messenger send to you by Allah, confirming the Torah which has come before me, and giving the good news of a Messenger who shall come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed.
Yet he came to them with clear signs, they said, “this is evident deception.” Now who can be wicked than he who forges falsehood against Allah even though he is being invited towards Islam? Allah does not guide such wrong doers. They seek to blow out Allah’s Light/Noor with their mouths, but Allah has decreed that He shall spread His Light/Noor to perfection, much as the disbelievers may dislike it. He it is Who has sent His Messenger with the guidance and the true Religion that He may cause it to prevail over all religions, much as the mushriks may dis like it.
In Surah Al-Fatah, Chapter 48, Verse 28 it is mentioned:
It is He who has sent His Messenger with guidance and Deen-e-Haq (Religion of Truth), that He may prevail it over all religions. And All-Sufficient Allah as a Witness.
In Surah Ar-Ra’d, Chapter 13, Verse 7 it is mentioned:
And the unbelievers say: why is not the sign sent down to him (the Prophet) from his Lord? But thou art truly a warner and a guide to every people”.
This Ayat is clear and evident needs no further elucidation.
In Surah Al-Baqarah, Chapter 2, Verse 159 it is
Verily, those who conceal the clear proofs, evidences and the guidance, which We have sent down, after We have made it clear for the people in the Book, they are the ones cursed by Allah and cursed by the cursers.
In the original text the words Al Bayinat and Al Huda need to be elucidated. Al-Bayinat means clear, evident and it is easy to understand. It does not need any spiritual guide or anyone who claims part of Divinity i.e. Elahiat or communion with Allah.
In Surah Chapter 5, Verse 3 it is mentioned (excerpt):
…Today the disbelievers have despaired of (vanquishing) your religion: therefore, do not fear them but fear Me. Today I have perfected your religion for you and completed My Blessings on you and approved Islam as the way of life for you…
The word today does not mean any particular day but it denotes the era in which this surah and verses were revealed. Moving forward, the verse says that “the disbelievers have despaired of your religion”, which means that after a long systematic resistance and opposition, they have lost hope of defeating your religion. Now they do not expect you will ever return to the former way of ignorance because your religion has become a permanent way of life and has been established on a firm footing. Therefore “do not fear them but fear me.” Now there is no longer any danger of interferences from the disbelievers that they will prevent you from the performance of your religious obligations. You should, therefore, fear Allah and observe His commands and instructions no ground of fear has been left for you. Now your disobedience to the Law will mean that you do not intend to obey Allah.
“I have perfected your religion” means that “I have provided it with all the essential elements of the permanent way of life, which comprises a complete system of thought, practice, and civilization, have laid down principles and given down instructions for the solution of all human problems. Hence there is no need for you to seek Guidance/Hidayat from any other source.’
The completion of the “blessings” is the completion of the blessings of Hidayat/Guidance/Shariat.
“I have approved Islam as deen/way of life for you” because you have proved by your obedience and devotion to it that you sincerely believe in Islam which you have accepted. As I have practically set you free from every kind of subjection and servitude, there is no compulsion for you to submit to any other than Me in your practical life. ”It also implies: “as a gratitude for these Blessings of Mine, you should show no negligence in the observance of the prescribed limits.”
In Surah Al-Qalam, Chapter 68, Verses: 51-52 it is mentioned:
“When the disbelievers hear the Admonition (the Qur’an), they look at you in a way as though they will trip you up, and say, ”he is certainly mad,” although it is an Admonition to all the people of the world.”
Please note the words all the people of the world.
In Surah At-Takvir Chapter 81, verses 27-29 it is mentioned:
“This is an admonition to all the people of the world, to each one of you, who wishes to follow the Straight Way: but, your willing is of no avail unless Allah, Lord of worlds, wills so.”
Please note the words all the people of the world, yet again.
In Surah Az-Zumar, Chapter 39, Verse 41 it is mentioned:
“(O Prophet:) ” We have sent down to you for all mankind the Book with the truth. Now whosoever adopts the right way, we do so for own sake, and whosoever goes astray, will himself bear the burden of his deviation; you are not responsible for them.”
Please note this sentence; We have sent down to you for all mankind the Book with the truth.
The Quran is made easy to understand. Al-Zumar, Verse Number 41. We can find similar verses in this subject in Qur’an. Viz. XII-2, IXX-97, XXVI-195, IXL-28, XLI-3 AND 44, XLIII-3, XLIV-58, LIV- 17, 22, 32, XVI-103.
10. Legal Status of those who do not believe in Khatm-e-Nabuwat
Finally let us study the legal status for those who deny or disagree to accept this basic tenet of faith: Khatm-e-Nabuwat. Here we come across two aspects: (a) Legal status as per Islamic Fiqh/law and jurisprudence of Islam and (b) Prevailing law in Pakistan.
Please ponder upon the following quotations from the Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan and Penal code of Pakistan and be a judge yourself where do we stand. Please keep in mind the doctrine of Shahpir/Pirshah.
10.1 Legal Status as per Islamic Fiqh
The following is a quote from Dr. Israr Ahmad’s book “Khatm-e-Nabuwat Kay Do Mafhoom Aur Takmeel-E-Risalat Kay Amli Taqazay”. On page 12 he writes:
“Any person who claimed that he is a prophet or may do in future is kazzab/liar, dajjal/antichrist, kafir/denier of faith, murtad/rejecter of faith and liable to suffer death penalty. Therefore, in the Islamic world, wherever there was Islamic Government, war was declared against anyone or any group of persons and such persons were killed who had claimed prophethood. Caliph Abu Bakr declared war against the claimants of prophet hood, viz. Musailama Kazzab and other persons and they were killed without any reservation or exception. In Iran, one Bahaullah claimed prophethood. In Iran there was Islamic Government. The government declared war and Bahaullah with his followers were put to death and some fled and left the country. Even now any Bahai i.e. follower of Bahaullah, ventures to enter Iran/Persia he is supposed to be killed. But, unfortunately, Ghulam Ahmed Qadiani claimed that he was a prophet but no damage was done to him as this group was under the protection of British laws prevailing in India (where freedom of religion sects was a constitutional right).”
10.2 Prevailing Law in Pakistan
I will cite here some related Islamic provisions in The Constitution of The Islamic Republic of Pakistan and from Pakistan Penal Code Section 295-A, 295-B & 295-C.
In the constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan we find the Islamic provisions: In the Preamble Para 01, 04, 05. In part 1 Introductory Articles 02,02-A and in the annex para 01 & 05. Article 31 (1)(2), Articles 227 to 230, chapter 5 Interpretation, Definitions Article 260 (3)(a)(b) here in we find definition of “Muslim”. I am quoting only the definition in Article 260-(3)(a) & (b):
In the constitution and all other enactments and other legal instruments, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,
(a) “Muslim” means a person who believes in the unity and oneness of Almighty Allah, in the absolute and unqualified finality of the prophethood of Muhammad (peace be upon him), the last of the prophets, and does not believe in, or recognize as a prophet as a prophet of the religion reformer, any person who claimed or claims to be prophet, in any sense of the word or of any description whatsoever, after Muhammad (peace be upon him); and
(b) “non-Muslim” means a person who is not a Muslim, includes a person belonging to the Christian, Hindu, Sikh, Budhist or Parsi community, a person of the Qadiani group of the Lahori group (who call themselves Ahmadis or by any other name), or a Bahai, and a person belonging to any of scheduled cast]”
In conclusion, the religion of Allah has been completed – both in terms of revelations, i.e., The Quran and also in terms of interpretation and implementation of it, i.e., the example of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). There is no need to any changes of additions to the core Islamic values which have been taught by the Quran and ordered and exemplified by the Prophet (pbuh).
7 thoughts on “Takmil-e-Deen and the Need for a Living Imam: Part 2”
Thank you! Well done. Ismailism is a scam and a money gathering program. No wonder the playboy lives in such comfort.
you people are like shaitan and you can only believe in what u see but Eman is from herat so eman can not be seen so Imam is something we should have eman and it could not be seen from Eye and what ever Imam is doing all about the Hokom Allan
Din takmil howa just only after introducing hazart Ali other was din could not be completed
there are 73 Sec in islam all are obaying the same quran so why there is separation and why there is deferent Mazhab so this Mazhab shows that non of them are right and the right is with Albait till hereafter and alabit is Aga khan
This also shows your lack of knowledge of Quran and Hadith – a common trend in Ismailis. You have never touched the Quran and have never seen a book of Hadith. Do you even know the complete hadith of 73 sects?
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also described them in the following terms: “My ummah will split into seventy-three sects, all of whom will be in Hell except one group.” They said: Who are they, O Messenger of Allaah? He said: “(Those who follow) that which I and my companions follow.” This is mentioned in the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr which was recorded and classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi (2641).
Do you seriously think that Ismailis follow what the Prophet (pbuh) followed? Do you pray salat, do you fast, do you go for Hajj? You don’t. Therefore, Ismailis are not the saved sect. They are not even one of the 72 sects. Ismailism is not even worthy of being called a sect of Islam.
except Ismaily all other sec of Islam is Batil and they are against Quran and Suna becuas quran says Imamu Mobin and Hadi and quide for the people so all muslim who dont know their present Imam are Kafir and moshrik and Gumra
You are so hilarious. Would you care to give some references in support of your outrageous statements?